Due to the COVID19 pandemic, many events have been cancelled or postponed including the London Marathon which was due to take place this Sunday 26th April. The financial impact on the UK’s charities, including MindOut, has been huge. So we are asking you to join us in the 2.6 challenge which has been organised by the London Marathon events team.
Please help support LGBTQ mental health and take the challenge! It can be as simple as pledging to run 2.6 miles for your daily exercise, or get as creative as you like! Maybe 26 laps of the garden in high heels whilst juggling?!
All our services are now online and we have seen a huge increase in mental health challenges due to the increased social isolation we are all experiencing. Our online support service has extended hours and is a life-line at this difficult time.
Please take the 2.6 challenge and you can raise awareness and vital funds for LGBTQ mental health! Thousands of people will be taking on their challenge this Sunday 26th April, but you can do it whenever you like during lockdown.
Here are some themed challenges we would love to see you do!
- Run 2.6 miles in fancy dress
- Hold an LGBTQ quiz with 26 rounds!
- 26 laps of your garden in your tallest heels
- Watch 26 LGBTQ films in 26 days
- Dance to 26 Kylie songs (live stream it if you like!)
- Drag makeover in 2.6 hours or 26 minutes!
- Watch your favourite 26 episodes of Ru Paul’s drag race in a row
- Bake 26 rainbow cupcakes
- 26 minute or 2.6 hour dance off with friends
Don’t forget to take a photo or video, post to social media and tag us!