…it was amazing to meet other LGB&T people with similar problems. I didn’t feel so alone anymore’
We run groups for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer people to share experiences, problems and solutions with each other. Many LGBTQ people with lived experience of mental health are keen to meet each other outside of the commercial ‘scene’. We aim to provide a place to meet where it is safe to both identify as LGBTQ and have mental health concerns.
Our groups are Brighton based (apart from a monthly group that we run in Worthing) and are facilitated by experienced LGBTQ group workers.
We are currently taking referrals for the following groups:
- Work it Out – for people juggling mental health concerns with paid employment
- Out of the Blue – for people who have experience of suicidal thoughts or suicidal distress
- Open Group – a weekly drop-in for members of the groupwork service
- Social Group – a weekly social space that follows the Open Group
- Durrington Open Group – a monthly drop-in for members based in Worthing
Our groups follow a rolling timetable, so please talk to us about any other themed peer support group that you might be interested in, for example; groups for people who identify as Trans, Bi or Queer, groups for people aged over 50, groups for GBTQ men, groups for LBTQ women and groups for people under 30.
If you would like to talk more about our services and be assessed for group work, then please contact Si Campbell to arrange an appointment. Si’s email is [email protected], or you can contact him by telephone on 01273 234 839.