MindOut advocacy services are welcoming, affirmative and supportive of all LGBTQ people.
MindOut offers a unique, professional and independent advocacy service run by and for LGBTQ people with lived experience of mental health issues.
“Without the support from MindOut my life would have spiralled out of control! My advocate has helped me stay on top of things, my life has really changed, he has saved my life!”
An advocate can help you to:
- Think about how to look after your mental health and wellbeing
- Express your views and concerns
- Explore options and make decisions
- Have your voice heard on issues that are important to you
- Defend and safeguard your rights
- Improve your access to services and information
- Feel more empowered and in control of your life
- Prioritise any issues, concerns or problems
- Negotiate with service providers
- Write letters, fill out forms and make calls
- Attend meetings and appointments
- Speak up, be heard or if need be, represent you
- Make complaints
“My advocate helped me – over and above. I was listened to and heard and what I was going through was not invalidated”
“Advocacy helped and went beyond the call of duty! I know I could have asked anything and would have received good advice and support”
Our advocacy services include:
“My advocate provided me with a vital service when I was unwell and when I was unable to go through things on my own”
Watch our video to learn more about advocacy services:
All of our advocacy workers hold the National Advocacy Qualification and our service meets the Advocacy Quality Performance Standard.
You can contact an LGBTQ Advocate by:
email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01273 234 839
Via our online service (see our homepage)
By calling into Community Base on Wednesday daytime, for our weekly Duty Advocacy Service.
By writing to us at: MindOut, Community Base, 113 Queens Road, Brighton BN1 3XG
Or by downloading and returning the Advocacy enquiry form below.
Download it here: Advocacy Enquiry Form 2017
If you are a Service Provider and you would like to refer someone you are working with:
Please download and return either of the two forms below.
Download a referral form here: Advocacy Referral Form 2017
If you need a Non-Instructed Advocacy Referral Form, you can download it here: Advocacy non-instructed Referral Form
Please also see our Advocacy Information for Professionals