Our online support service is an instant message service that is confidential, non-judgemental and anonymous. We are open every day including weekends and evenings.
The service is run by trained online support workers and mental health advocates who are ready to provide emotional support, information or signpost you in the right direction. You can chat to us about whatever is on your mind, and we will always try and help in whatever way we can.
If you are in a crisis or in need of urgent support our online support service can:
- Listen to how you are feeling, without any judgement and without forcing unwanted advice or opinions
- Help you to think about ways to stay safe and develop coping strategies, if this is what you want
- Help you look for support and explore these options, if this is what you want
Our online support service also includes the following:
- Trans and Non Binary sessions
- Advocacy sessions, giving instant access to a member of the MindOut advocacy team
- Young LGBTQ sessions
- LGBTQ Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic sessions
You will always know when we are next online by checking the pink chat bubble that displays on every page of our website – and you can also leave us a message if we are offline and someone will be back in touch.
“I make contact often, because it helps me feels connected to the outside world, without it I wouldn’t have contact with anyone”
“It’s great for getting information quickly – in fact, without it I would be in a right mess. It has helped me make some very difficult decisions and to change my life for the better”
“I feel suicidal daily, mostly of an evening. This service is a lifeline!”
“Where the else can you speak to a mental health advocate instantly? This is a unique service; no other advocacy service comes close”